Saturday, May 28, 2011

Blog Hop #9

Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everyone! I hope you guys have great plans for this long weekend. I don't and that's just the way I want it. Besides, it will give me plenty of time to hop around!
In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and find new book-related blogs that we may be missing out on! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs they  never knew existed!

Each week, participating blogs are asked questions to post and answer on their websites.

This week's question

   "What book-to-movie adaption have you most liked?  Which have you disliked?"
  
My Answer:  I haven't seen too many book-to-movie adaptations, however I Am Number Four was a great movie (film review, book review). It wasn't exactly like the book but I did not leave that theater disappointed. The adaptation I disliked? Twilight. The movie made the story appear cheesy and insignificant when in fact their relationship was much more profound (book review). The movie just didn't give you the depth of what was going on between them and then when New Moon was released and Bella was so distraught, those who hadn't read the books, couldn't understand. They couldn't know the pain, the hole in her chest getting worse and worse. So thumbs down to the movie.

 

3 comments:

Kaity said...

I loved I Am Number Four, both the movie and the book. I might be biased about the movie though since I adore both Alex Pettyfer and Dianna Agron.
I never saw the first Twilight movie but I did see New Moon. I was so mad that I liked Jacob better than Edward when I hated (ok not hated, but found immensely irritating) him in the books. I walked out of the theatre feeling like a traitor.

Thanks for stopping by Bitten Books :)

Darkfallen said...

I just got I Am Four from Blockbuster yesterday, I can't wait to watch it, but I haven't read the book yet.

Loves your header!! I want to give her a hug;)
New follower!

Hoping through on the blog hop. Have a great weekend! Here's ours:)

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I can understand. I liked the Twilight adaptations because they are the reason I read the books.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails