Friday, September 9, 2011

One Last Hurrah at Borders

Yesterday, my best friend and I made our final trip to Borders. These are their last days and  the savings were amazing but they aren't worth losing my favorite store for. Plastered all over the store, from the outside windows to every inch of the inside, ceiling included, were "Going Out of Business" signs, sales signs promoting 70%, 80% and 90% off. Like I said, great savings, but a very sad sight indeed.


The shelves were bare, everything that was left is crammed to the front of the store with hand-written labels for the genres that remained. The children's section was wiped out and many bookcases were being dismantled. For a serious Borders-lover like myself, I don't wanna see my bookstore being destroyed in such a way. It makes the end of Borders even more dramatic!

Still, we were there to rack-up on anything good and so we set out to scour the shelves. After all the signs hanging in the store, the second biggest upset of the trip was that the entire young-adult section was gone. Just...gone. Not a single book left in my genre. But I didn't give up there, oh no. I was leaving that store with a book, I don't care what it is!!!

So we made our way over to the romance section, where there was still a good amount of books to choose from. There, I was able to find some good-looking "dirty books". Definition of DIRTY BOOKS: books of a mature nature, containing sexual conduct, adult situations and language. In other words, only for the grown!! I also picked up a straggling Anne Rice book, Angel Time, and the complete second season of Pushing Daisies. Does anyone remember that show? It was so awesome and they canceled it. Somebody at ABC doesn't know good TV. Hmph.

Anyway, here are pics of what I got and you can click on them to go to their goodreads.com pages. I recommend clicking on Double Punch - it has a really interesting synopsis.


So, I bid thee farewell, Borders. You will be sorely missed. *sniffle*


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails