Friday, April 30, 2010

Soul Screamers Series Review

MY SOUL TO TAKE and MY SOUL TO SAVE (Soul Screamers 1 & 2)
Written by: Rachel Vincent
Titles in Series: My Soul to Take, My Soul to Save and My Soul to Keep released June 1, 2010
Publication date: August 1, 2009 and December 29, 2009
Released in Paperback

4 stars
 
Synopsis: Something is wrong with Kaylee Cavanaugh. She doesn't see dead people, but....

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next...

How I Came to Read This: Come on, who could pass up a premise like that? I just had to find out what was going on!

My Review: This book was definitely not like anything I've ever read before, in a good way! I thought it was creative, suspenseful and tricky. I called it tricky because this is a story about a type of "being" that you might not know anything about and so, you're reading this story and you have no idea where it's going or how it's going to get there! The two main characters, Kaylee and her boyfriend Nash, were easily likable. Kaylee was smart, worked well under pressure (which there was plenty of!) and I liked that about her. I don't like a character that quivers in the background or rushes into things too hastily either. I fell in love with Nash because he was always cool and collected. He was protective of Kaylee but not in that "Enough already!" kind of way.

It was comical and suspenseful.

Who Should Read This: Anyone into the paranormal but looking for something a little different, this was a nice change of pace. And I can't wait for this:

My Soul to Keep #3 coming out June 1, 2010!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails