Friday, January 7, 2011

Book Blogger Hop - January 7

Hey Everyone! Welcome to my first Book Blogger Hop!


In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and find new book-related blogs that we may be missing out on! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs that they may not know existed!

Each week, participating blogs are asked questions to post and answer on their websites.

This weeks question

What book influenced or changed your life?  How did it influence/change you?
Well, the book that I picked will probably shock you - but let me explain! The most recent book that has influenced my life is...Twilight. I promise it is not for the reason you're thinking! Yes, the vampires are awesome, as well as the werewolves, but that wasn't what influenced me. When I read the Twilight Saga last year (I think), it jump started my love of reading all over again. It had been years since I had really sat and read a book, but once I finished Twilight, I was itching for my next read! From that point on, I was always on the lookout for the next hot book or the newest debut author. That was when I decided to join the Blogosphere! So how did Twilight influence my life? It brought me here!

Thank guys!


16 comments:

Unknown said...

Coming through on the Hop! I like your answer. It's good to have more avid readers in the world!

Miss Remmers said...

I see that you're currently reading "I Am Number Four!" It was one of my favorite books last year! I can't wait to read your review!

I Live In A Fictional World said...

Thanks Bea! I love supporting my fellow bloggers - so I'm following you and I've also left a comment!

I Live In A Fictional World said...

To Miss Remmers -When I saw this book it looked really interesting, but when I saw the movie coming out (Feb. 18, 2011) I knew it was my next read! So far, so good!

Lacey Weatherford said...

I see that a lot of people today have had the same experience as you. I think it's wonderful that a book has been able to so influence people and bring them back to reading! I love Twilight too! I'm a new follower! :D

The Delusional Diaries

I Live In A Fictional World said...

Thanks LMW! I love the support! :D

Susan said...

Don't worry - you're not the only one who said TWILIGHT. Several bloggers said the exact same thing you did, that TWILIGHT's what got them back into reading. Say what you will about the books, but I say any book that gets people into reading can't be all bad :)

Glad to have found you via the Hop!

Howard Sherman said...

This will probably come of something as a surprise but the book that changed/influenced my life (more than any other) is a non-fiction book. I know we all focus on novels and the fanciful fiction we love to read but The Four Work Week is the book that gets all the credit. I know the title sounds fictional but it really isn’t. Hop over to my blog and find out why – http://www.howardsherman.net

Happy Book Blogger Hop Day!


Howard A. Sherman

Steph from fangswandsandfairydust.com said...

Hi new follower. I think that teen girls can learn a lot from the Twilight Saga: the dangers of losing yourself in a boy, the good in finding yourself again and taking charge of your own life. Not that Bella does, in the films yet... Anyway, New Follower. My Delirium countdown isn't working either - or I can't see them for some paranormal reason. Hmmm

Anyway, I am a blogger myself, YA and Adult - please, come by when you can:Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
twitter: @fangswandsfairy

Alison Can Read said...

No reason to be ashamed. Twilight was an incredibly influential book for me. It's a wonderful series.
New follower!
Happy weekend!
My Hop

Aliyah said...

This is my first Book Blogger Hop too! I think it's awesome that your love of reading is what turned you towards blogging. How fun! I Am Number Four seems like a book to read- never heard of it before visiting your blog but I'm going to put it on my list!!

Bella said...

Twilight was my choice too =]

Thanks for visiting my blog and following, I'm now a follower of yours!

Have a great weekend!

Izzy G. said...

Hey, hopping on by! I don't really like vampires too much, but I did like Twilight the first time I read it. Never be ashamed of what you like to read :)

Izzy @ My Words Ate Me

I Live In A Fictional World said...

Thank you everyone for all the comments! I love the Blog Hop! I think I'll be doing more of it tomorrow - and hopefully each week thereafter! I'll be stopping by each of your blogs to show my support!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I recently found your blog and I love it! I'm awarding you the Stylish Blogger Award!
More info here: http://aussiebookshack.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

Bella said...

Hey, just thought I'd hop back to let you know I chose you for The Stylish Blogger Award! You can collect it here: http://cheezyfeetbooks.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

Happy Reading! =]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails