Sunday, July 25, 2010

Infinite Fallen Souls

The Fallen 2: Aerie and Reckoning (The Fallen, #3-4) by Thomas E. Sniegoski. This is the sequel to, well, The Fallen 1, obviously, which I started a couple weeks ago. I didn't finish it because something else came up, but what little bit I did read was really good and funny and I fully intend to pick it back up.

In the first one: Aaron turns 18 and starts hearing voices. Strange things start happening to him and around him every day. He meets a man who knows what's happening to him and reveals to Aaron his true heritage - half-human, half-angel! Then he gets charged with the responsibility of redeeming the Fallen. That's all I know, so far. Like I said, I had to put it down.


7 Souls by Barnabas Miller and Jordan Orlando. You should get the full synopsis by clicking on the link but I'll tell you why it caught my attention.

It's about a girl who wakes up dead on the day of her 17th birthday. Murdered. So she has to relive the day she died over and over through the eyes of 7 people who hated her enough to want her dead. Ooooo, sounds spooky!








Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon. The gist of this book reminded me of The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare (click here for its synopsis and right here for my review of it!) 

Nick Gautier, 14, thinks he knows everything. He gets the surprise of his life when he finds out that it's all just an illusion. His best friends try to kill him and the girl he's crushing on, is a vampire hunter by night! Now his classmates are turning into flesh-eating zombies and he has to fight them off all while trying not to draw any attention from his parents and the school!

Is that not a great looking cover? I've been seeing this book on the shelves for months without ever picking it up. But it's this cover that kept grabbing my attention and building my curiosity. 

So these three books were acquired on my latest trip to Borders. I buy everything I can in hardcover, if it's available. I don't like to wait for editions to be released but I don't enjoy the feel of a paperback as much. I'm always too aware of how I'm holding the book so I'm always worried about what shape it's gonna be in by the time I finish it. You ever lend a hardcover out to someone and when it comes back to you, it's all floppy because they cracked the spine so much? I HATE that! You just know that person was laying it down on its pages a lot. I'll stop there before I rant into all my quirky pet peeves!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails