Thursday, March 1, 2012

Popluar Theme - Love Triangles!

What is it about a good love triangle that just keeps us turning the pages, picking "teams" and falling in love with one and admonishing the other? It's because they're just so juicy, aren't they? We love debating why we picked who we picked and why the other sucks and doesn't deserve the girl (or guy).

I've noticed that there are love triangles in just about every book I read. Sometimes they're subtle; like the one in the middle doesn't even have feelings for the third wheel. Other times, we watch a character go back and forth and fight with their feelings for two people.

I thought it'd be fun to take a look at a few well known love-triangle threesomes!

1. Let's get the obvious one out of the way - Twilight.This triangle worked so well because Bella had genuine feelings for Jacob even though she was in love with Edward. She knew Jacob had a place in her life, she just didn't know where he fit. Plus, Edward and Jacob are both totally loveable so as readers, it's even hard for us to pick a side!



2. Peter Pan - Wendy - Tinkerbell.
This one is a little tricky. Peter Pan and Tink have been together, well, always, but then he finds Wendy and brings her home! Naturally, Tink ain't having that so she plots against them with Captain Hook to get rid of Wendy. Hey, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"; am I right?! =]



3. Vampire Diaries
Now this one is my favorite! I've always liked Stefan but due to recent events; such as his "Ripper" days coming back to haunt him and his loss of humanity, I'm really feeling Elena being with Damon. Now, I know it will never happen but I also know she loves them both! And all those little moments she has with Damon - especially their kiss - are just so damn delicious, I can't bear to miss a second!


4. True Blood
Okay, this threesome gets me all kinds of crazy! I simply love Sookie and Eric together but in the show, the way she holds on to her feelings for Bill and keeps Eric at arms length drives me absolutely nuts!! I want the show to go exactly as the book did so each episode I end up holding my breath til the very end!




Here are some other love triangles that I just love:

5. Seth, Aislinn and Keenan from Wicked Lovely. It didn't turn out the way I had hoped but I still loved every minute of it!

6. Sonny, Kelley and The Fennrys Wolf from Wondrous Strange. This one wasn't a hard decision but there was that moment when I think we all thought she might be persuaded to go in another direction!

7. Adrian, Rose and Dimitri from Vampire Academy. For me, this was a no-brainer but Rose really had us going for while there, didn't she? I'm just glad she came to her senses; and so did Dimitri! Phew!

8. Ash, Meghan and Puck from The Iron Fey. This was such a sweet love story although I did feel pretty bad for Puck. Waiting around all that time and then she falls in love with someone else! Man, that's messed up! The only thing that bugged me was that Meghan and Ash fell in love in a matter of days with very little romance. But hey, it all worked out I guess. Well, maybe with the exception of Puck ending up alone!
9. Last but certainly not least, Tamani, Laurel and  David from Wings. This story isn't over yet so Laurel still hasn't picked her man. But I tell you this, if she doesn't pick Tam I will be HIGHLY disappointed! Okay, that might be an understatement - I'll be PISSED!!! I finally got my BFF to read this series and she is Team Tam all the way!! I can not wait for Destined May 1st, 2012 to find out what happens! It's too far away!
I know there are a ton of great love triangles out there, so feel free to comment with some of your faves!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails