Friday, December 31, 2010

A Letter to the Past

Dear 2010,

We've been through a lot, you and me. We've had our ups and downs, our good times, and our bad. We've both changed a lot in such a short time, and I appreciate all the days you've brought me, the sunny ones filled with warmth and joy and even the rainy ones that allowed me to stay in and read so many wonderful books. But it's over. I'm breaking up with you. I'm ready to let go of our time together and start fresh! A new beginning! That means new releases, new covers, new titles! Ooohhh, I'm gettin' all twitchy just thinking about it! But before I can say hello, I'd like to say goodbye, to some of my favorite books read in 2010.

Ok, here we go.

The first book I must say goodbye to is Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves. The reason is because I loved it so much and I need to do quick, like ripping off a band-aid. This book has one of my favorite characters, Hanna, and I really wish Reeves would find it in her heart to give us a sequel! Farewell, Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead. You kept me on the edge of seat, word after word, page after page! Claudia Gray's Hourglass, you little tease! How dare you leave with such a cliffhanger! Nightshade by Andrea Cremer, I'm so glad we met. You're world is unique, your characters so mysterious, I can't wait to get to know you better!

The Morganville Vampires (1-3) by Rachel Caine, Liar by Justine Larbalestier and Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith were all very pleasant surprises. Hearts and Stake and Blood Feud both of the Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey are two new faves! Love love love! Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantasky was yet another great book. Good love story, good characters. Blood Oath by Christopher Farnsworth is a book that I wish I had the time to read again. I'm so anxious for the next one!

My Wicked Vampire by Nina Bangs is a paperback that I just could not put down! Every character was a mythical being and each one just as nuts as the last! I believe it is part of a series that I seriously need to find!

And a final goodbye to other great books I read in 2010: 

Lips Touch: Three Times by Laini Taylor, Lament and Ballad by Maggie Stievfater, Wings by Aprilynne Pike and Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog, Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl and I Now Pronouce You Someone Else by Erin McMahan. 

I hate to see all of you go, but a lot of you have some really great sequels following and I look forward to all of them!

It's been real, 2010. Later!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails